The Belong! Scholarship Fund has been established to help economically disadvantaged students imagine a future that includes further education after high school. These scholarships offer up to $5,000 per student for one year of post-secondary tuition assistance towards an Associate Degree at Northern Virginia Community College or a Certificate Program as part of a trade or technical school. These scholarships are renewable, and only available for students who have just graduated or graduated within the past 3 years from James Madison High School (“JMHS”) provided they meet all eligibility requirements.
Up to $2,500 per semester (up to $5,000 per school year). Note that the amount awarded will depend on whether the student is enrolled on a part-time or full-time basis. The scholarships will be awarded each year. Successful completion of the awarded scholarship year will allow students to re-apply for potential scholarship funds in subsequent years.
Belong! Scholarship Fund Offering Spring 2021
Belong! is pleased to announce the two Belong! Scholarship Fund recipients for 2021.
- Daniela Valentina Villanueva-Nolasco – plans to attend NOVA and study nursing
- Parsa Sarviha – plans to attend NOVA and study economics and business.
Please join us in congratulating our 2021 scholarship awardees! We wish both of them educational, professional, and personal success!
- Maintained a GPA of at least a 2.5 while at JMHS
- Is a current Senior or former student of JMHS (Graduated within the past 3 years from JMHS)
- Plans to enroll part time or full-time at Northern Virginia Community College or an accredited trade or technical school for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Is not in default, or does not owe a refund, under any federal or state loan or grant program
- Agrees to meet with a Belong! Scholarship advisor at least twice per year
- Demonstrates financial need through submission of a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or
- IF ineligible to complete the FAFSA, you must submit EFC Calculator Results: Go to bigfuture.collegeboard.org and under “Pay for College”, click on “Tools and Calculators”, then click the “EFC Calculator” link. Use the “Federal Methodology” (FM) EFC Formula when prompted. Print the EFC “Results” page.
Applications for the Belong! Scholarship Fund can be downloaded here: The Belong! Scholarship Fund Application.
May 17, 2021