Work with Us
We are Hiring!
Join our Belong! Team
Belong’s mission is to demonstrate God’s love in action by providing or facilitating access to services that empower and equip the underserved in our community through education, community engagement and other essential services.
Manager, Volunteers and Partnerships
The Manager of Volunteers and Partnerships oversees the volunteer recruitment and management program as well as strategizes (along with other staff) and develops partnerships. The Manager of Volunteers and Partnerships provides significant contributions to strategic planning, program partnership development, and supporting the volunteer experience at Belong. This individual oversees volunteer recruitment and on-boarding. This position coordinates closely with the Manager of Youth Programs and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Collaborate with Belong staff to develop strategic plans that enhance and expand Belong programs based on the organization's mission.
● Support the enhancement and expansion of Belong programs, leveraging community partnerships and the skills and experiences of Belong volunteers.
● Identify and foster partnerships with community and government organizations to provide additional support to current programs and/or strategically help expand Belong programs.
● Identify volunteer service opportunities that support expanded mission objectives.
● Oversee operations for onboarding and engaging volunteers with Belong.
● Responsible for volunteer recruitment, including tapping into local volunteer resources, assisting local recruitment events, creatively planning recruitment activities and promoting Belong opportunities through faith-based network, social media, and other communications.
● Form collaborative relationships with Houses of Worship, schools, civic groups and other faith-based organizations to promote volunteerism and in-kind and financial support for Belong programs.
● Develop and implement best practices for volunteer on-boarding, in coordination with the Executive Director and Program Manager.
● Oversee the use of Better Impact database, working closely with Office Administrator to set up systems to promote volunteer activities, and maintain program/volunteer data.
● Provide collaboration and problem-solving strategies relative to all volunteer operations and partnership initiatives.
● Coordinates the donated snack process, using sign-up genius.
● Oversees the tracking of in-kind donations including snacks, school supplies, and other resources donated for program use.
● Occasionally work weekends or evenings as needed.
● Enthusiastically affirms the values, vision, and mission of Belong!
● Knowledgeable and willing to uphold Christian moral and social teaching.
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● A minimum of 3 years of experience in a nonprofit organization.
● A minimum of 2 years of experience in volunteer recruitment, management and retention.
● Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others.
● Proficient with Google Drive’s office suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) or Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, creatively and collegially with peers, volunteers, clientele, and other stakeholders within the community.
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
● Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment.
This position is full-time. Benefits include partial coverage of health insurance.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Executive Director Lynn O’Connell at email@example.com. Applications accepted until the position is filled.